This training module is sold without support. When desired, please click here and purchase support separately.
Class-A Fairing – Final Design – Fairing for Production – Hull Optimization – Reverse Engineering – Hull from GA/ Lines-Plan – Advanced Analysis – Modeling Strategies – Developable Hulls
Rhino enables accurate, flexible and fair vessel hull design with the “Rapid Hull Modeling Methodology”.
This method is developed by RhinoCentre in co-operation with other professionals in the marine industry.
After years of offering training and services to leading companies in the marine industry worldwide, RhinoCentre developed three unique training modules.
Buy now these three unique training modules as a bundle with a discount:
- Training module M0R1 – Prepare2d input. This is a prerequisite for the reverse engineering in Hull Design and Fairing Level-2.
- Training module M1R1 – Hull Design and Fairing Level-1
- Training module M1R2 – Hull Design and Fairing Level-2
This training will unveil the mystery of Class-A fairing to any designer, engineer, naval architect and shipyard.
“I have been a Rhino user for about fifteen years and I considered myself a competent modeler. However, I learned more about Rhino in four days at Rhinocentre than I did in fifteen years of teaching myself. I highly recommend this course.”
Instructor, Naval Architecture
Marine Institute of Memorial University, Canada
- This is a pure Rhino 5 or Rhino 6 software training. Plugins are not required.
- Total training duration of the three modules: 24 hours.
- Mandatory prerequisites for this training: R1L1 – Rhino Level 1 training.
- After purchasing this module, it will be accessible and available for three months.
- By purchasing this product, one person is allowed to follow this training. This means that, for example, a colleague should also purchase this training. We trust you in this and ask you to respect our efforts and investment in developing this training for you.
Down below, you can see a small part of the online training to give you an idea what you can expect.
First, every exercise is explained with a movie. After that, below the movie, the exercise is written out step by step so you can practice yourself. You also receive tips, cautions and notes to understand better what you do and learn more than is explained in the exercises.
Exercise 10: Add an extra loft curve (Part 2/3)
Exercise 10: Fit the loft surface to the original GA within tolerance and fair (Part 3/3)
Exercise 10: Fit the loft surface to the original GA within tolerance and fair
- Turn on the layers “Reference curves”, “+175 mm” and “-175 mm”
- Start editing the bulb shape loft curves as that part is most off from the ref-ribs. use _Move, _Scale, _Nudge, etc. whatever is convenient to you. Add loft curves if needed
- Remember to use the checklist above regularly while editing
- Save your file in the WIP folder on your desktop.
Homework: Now transform the aft ship yourself. When you purchased online support, please mail the result to your contact person for feedback.
In the training files folder you can find the file M1R2-3D-AHTS Hull-Result.3dm. This shows an example of a fair and accurate result.