Rhino 6 for Mac
Rhinoceros 6.0 for Mac
The license for Rhinoceros 6.0 for Mac and Rhinoceros 6.0 for Windows is now bundled in one product. You purchase Rhino 6.0 and decide yourself on which operating system you like to install it. It is also possible to install the license on both a Windows and a Mac computer. Rhino can be opened on one computer at a time. However you can open more than one instance of Rhino on one computer.
- Faster display using modern graphics hardware
- Updated Material and Rendering system
- Grasshopper updated with multi-threaded components, Kangaroo 2, and more
- Raytraced viewport display mode
- Faster, cleaner Make2D with more customizable results.
- Rhinoceros 6.0 for Mac offers a lot more.
- Buy now Rhino 6 or a Rhino 6 upgrade. When you pay immediately, you receive the license code in return via email.
- Download here Rhino for your Mac or Windows operating system.
- Install Rhino
- Get to work!
- System requirements for Windows and Mac.
- Rhino 6 features.
- Feature differences between Windows and Mac version.
- Rhino 6 for Windows commands which are not available in Rhino 6 for Mac.
- Click here for more product information.
Rhino 6.0 is the result of an open development with Rhino 5 users and therefore totally stable. This also explains why it took McNeel more than five years to deliver an upgrade. They want to make sure that a new Rhino is stable and a big improvement. At RhinoCentre we work now for more than a year with Rhino 6 because it is much faster than Rhino 5. Especially with huge 3D files and processing large AutoCAD drawings like general arrangement plans in the maritime industry..
Our reasons for a Rhino 6 Upgrade
As we work extensively with Rhino at RhinoCentre in projects for our clients, we have a clear idea where Rhino excels and where it is still disappointing. Due to our extensive contact with clients we also have a clear vision where clients can make big improvements in using Rhino in their workflow.
Visual scripting with Grasshopper is now fully integrated in Rhino 6 and makes Rhino much more intelligent. At RhinoCentre we work with Grasshopper since 2008. Grasshopper makes it possible to script Rhino commands without the need for programming by typing code in for eaxmple Python. This makes programming with Grasshopper so easy for people who are visually oriented like many designers.
- Design concepts that are flexilbe parameterized for design studies. See for example our free script for generating ship hulls or the script for a design of a bridge.
- Stupid repetitive work can also be automated. For example, it would take a lot of time and effort to model the planks of the lapstrake hull of a Viking ship. Not to mention editing this 3D model when the hull shape has changed. Now the script does all the boring work for me.
We also use Rhino a lot for internal or external presentations. Especially in the design- and engineering phase there is often little time to put a lot of effort in it. Therefore we often just make a few screenshots instead of a starting up a time consuming render procedure. In Rhino 6 we found big improvements in creating very attractive images in little time:
- The new display pipeline of Rhino makes the viewports faster and more attractive. It is now also GPU based:
- Zooming, panning and rotating is much faster with large 3D models and heavy AutoCAD drawings.
- The ‘realtime rendered viewport’ is much more attractive for making presentations with a screenshot or the default Rhino render. That is why there is less need to work with a render plugin. We experience in our projects that creating quick presentations take less time and look more professional.
- New tools to manipulate a render mesh to make it look more realistic. As a surface in Rhino often doesn’t have a thickness, it is now very easy to add thickness to the render mesh. This makes it appear much more realistic. Other features are for example edge softening which also adds realism to objects as rounded edges result in a glossy appearance. And yes, this is very noticable!
- Quickly create screenshots in a flexible way with the renewed _ViewCaptureToFile command.
- The default Rhino Render now creates much more attractive images. This makes it less necessary to use a render plugin like Flamingo or V-Ray.
Rhino 6 offers much more functionality for making 2D drawings. This is especially interesting for companies who like to avoid using AutoCAD and still need workshop drawings.
- Many more features for annotations.
- Make2D is programmed from the ground up again and therefore much faster and more stable. This is especially interesting for those who need 2D drawings out of larger and more complex 3d models.
Cloud Zoo license management
With the “Cloud Zoo”, you’re able to use Rhino 6 anywhere in the world. Simply install Rhino 6.0 on every computer that you need and connect it with the “Cloud Zoo”.
- This is interesting for companies when employees also work from home or abroad.
- A license never gets lost again. This is what we often experience with our clients.
- Click here for more information.
Last but not least: Modeling
- Many existing modeling commands offer more functionality or they are more flexible.
- The result of some modeling commands is editable afterwards or they update automatically. This is the case with fillets for example.
- Add data to curves, surfaces etc. Finally it is possible in native Rhino to add meta data to Rhino objects. This makes Rhino models more functional. For example the type of material or the surface finish can be added to the object description.